By default Liferay 6.1 CE runs on root context after installation. Sometimes this may not be possible. Assuming that we would like Liferay 6.1 CE to work as http://<hostname>/myportal
instead of http://<hostname>/
, just make the following changes.
1. Under liferay-portal-6.1.0/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps
- Rename directory ROOT to myportal
2. Under liferay-portal-6.1.0/tomcat-7.0.23/conf/Catalina/localhost
- Rename file root to myportal
- Edit myportal file and change <Context path=""...> to <Context path="/myportal"...>
3. Under liferay-portal-6.1.0
- Edit portal-ext.properties (create one if it does not exist), add in portal.ctx=/myportal
4. After restarting Liferay, it is very important to perform the following additional step. Without making this change, a number of portlets such as message board would not work properly.
- Login as portal administrator
- Bring up "Control Panel" and click on "Portal Instances" under "Server" tab
- Change the default value "localhost" at "Virtual Host" to the domain where Liferay is hosted.
5. Liferay should be working on http://<hostname>/myportal